Can you find a needle in a haystack?
Are you a fully fledged 10,000 piece JigSaw master?
Does the self assembly instruction sheet in the box of DIY flatpacked furniture present a suitably exciting challenge?
The skills required to be part of an award winning team that brings home the Parts Excellence Cup from Toyota in both 2013 and 2014 are varied and not what you would expect. For us it is all about communication - the ability to talk to our customers open and honestly, and the ability to grow our network on a local and national scale by engaging with all walks of life whenever the situation arises.
If you own a vehicle, or manage a fleet of them for your business or your job, you will have an appreciation for a great relationship with your Parts Dealer. Vehicles need repair. Always. As they age things wear, and accidents will always happen. Both situations mean repair or replacement. This can be a complicated process sometimes depending on your vehicle, the age of it and whether or not it is an import.
The Bowater Toyota Parts and Accessories Department has won the coverted Parts Excellence trophy back to back partly because of the ability of the team to act locally, as well as nationally, but most importantly to think globally. Communication has been key to this success. The team has the ability to talk easily to their customers, more powerful though is the skill of listening to what the customer needs.
If you are a business and downtime means lost income it is paramount that any time in a workshop is kept to an absolute minimum. Having the right part to your doorstep, or to the workshop your vehicle is at is critical. Having a firm grasp of the stages in this process is what makes for a successful Parts Advisor, and this is exactly the kind of person we are looking for.
Bowater Toyota’s award winning Parts Department is looking for a person to join their successful team in Nelson.
This is an opportunity to work with NZ’s Top Toyota Parts Department (two years running), within the 2014 Toyota Dealer of the Year. The whole dealership is winning multiple awards, and is leading the market in many sectors across the region.
You can set up and establish your career, as well as appreciate the long term prospects tied to working within the Bowater Motor Group: a company that has been driving the dream of the top of the south since 1947.
Enjoy a wide range of varied day to day activities including stock management, parts acquisitions & customer interaction with both our local & national customers.
Previous experience is an advantage, but it is motivation and strong communication skills that are the key to success here.
Applications need to be in prior to 15th April.
Apply to Kieron Reilly.
A full job description follows.
Parts Advisor. Bowater Toyota.
Nelson | Richmond | Motueka
Authority and reporting:
- Responsible for over the counter sales of parts to Service, Vehicles Sales, Trade and Retail Customers
- Reports to the Part Manager
Position objectives/goals. To:
- Pick and supply the correct parts to customers in a professional manner to delivery customer satisfaction
- Maximise parts sales by delivering excellent customer service
- Actively promote the benefits and strengths of Toyota Genuine Parts to increase their sales
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in parts operations
- Toyota product knowledge including familiarity with vehicle models and the benefits and strengths of Toyota and Daihatsu Genuine Parts
- Understanding of parts inventory control systems, parts storage, physical distribution and parts retail techniques
- Product and general automotive parts business knowledge
- Proven accuracy with figures and handling money
- Proven Customer Handling Skills and a Customer satisfaction focus
Position responsibilities / main tasks:
- Accurately identify customer parts requirements using vehicle model codes, production dates etc. and pick the required parts from stock and invoice them out accurately, applying any appropriate discounts
- Unpack and sort stock replenishment and special parts orders, store or bin the parts according to category, update stock records and prepare and issue advice to customers (including Service and Vehicle Sales) of parts arrival
- Accurately record all lost sales
- Maintain parts and accessory displays
- Participate in monthly Parts staff meetings on the Parts department’s performance, Service/Parts marketing programmes and improvement activities
- Practice and maintain parts storage/warehouse safety
- Comply with the Dealership’s Environment policy at all times, especially with the appropriate handling and storage of oils, fluids and batteries, the recycling/reuse of packaging materials and correct disposal of obsolete stock
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Cultivate and maintain parts supply relationships with trade customers, panel shops and retail customers
- Order, invoice and supply parts at correct prices.
- Use correct methods for ordering parts and processing suppliers invoices.
- Clearly understand and use Company policies relating to purchasing.
- Clearly understand and correctly use Toyota (NZ) Ltd parts policies and procedures.
- Accept and carry out Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) Philosophy as required.
- Process stock replenishment orders.
- Advise and deliver ordered and stock lines to internal and external customers.
- Be professional at all times when attending to both internal and external customers, either by person, on the phone or via email.
- Undertake such other lawful tasks as directed by Parts Manager or other authorised person to achieve the Primary Function of this position description.
Personal Attributes we are looking for.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess parts merchandising and general automotive business knowledge.
- To gain knowledge and familiarity with Toyota models and benefits of Toyota genuine parts.
- To participate and attend any appropriate training courses as directed.
- Sound computer skills.
- Proven customer relationship skills.
- Proven accuracy with figures and procedures handling money.
- Be able to portray by your manner, knowledge and appearance the professional and competent image Bowater Toyota wants to convey to it customers, suppliers and general public.
- Have a willingness to learn and accept Toyota (NZ) and Bowater Toyota policies and procedures.
Specific Job Requirements
- Full and unrestricted drivers licence.
- Have and apply the necessary skills required to maximise sales.
- Have a sound knowledge of products sold through the department.