Ever since our humble beginnings in downtown Nelson in 1945 the Bowater Motor Group has been very focused on community involvement. We believe that you are only ever as successful as the support that you can give back. It is with this philosophy that we continue to be as involved as we can be in the wider Nelson / Tasman community.
This section of the website houses stories, links and content from a collective of organisations and events that we are involved with or support through sponsorship or partnerships.
The menu to the right has got comprehensive articles from those events, organisations and charities that we regularly involved with, click on the menu items to read more, or scroll down this page to keep up with events as they unfold.
If you think you have an event, organisation or group that would benefit from our community interest feel free to contact us.
This week local charity Big Brothers Big Sisters had plenty to celebrate. Local Director Rachel Saunders stopped by Bowater Hyundai to pickup their new vehicle - a zippy Hyundai i30.
Bowater Hyundai are keen to help this wonderful charity get out and about into our community to help faciliate the connection of youth and those willing to be mentors. So far Big Brothers Big Sisters Nelson have got 180 matches - that is 180 kids that now have a positive guiding influence of a supportive and caring mentor in their lives.
For all of May we can collectively vote for our favourite charities in this year's 2016 Z Good in the Hood.
Voting started on May 1st and goes for the entire month - and everyone that makes a purchase (excluding tobacco only purchases) can make a vote. Easy!
The charities all share a slice of a $4000 funding pie depending on your votes - the more votes a charity gets, the bigger their share of the pie.
How does Good in the Hood actually work? It's not that hard. Make a purchase and vote for your favourite charity. Matt walks us through it.Posted by Bowater Motor Group on Wednesday, 4 May 2016
The charities are all very excited to be a part of this year's funding round, and have some great things planned to get involved with this years Good in the Hood. Stay tuned to this section of our website for all of the up to date developments, and more information on each of the charities at both the Z Rutherford Service Station (opposite McDonalds) and Z Bowater Motors in High Street Motueka.
More Articles ...
- Video - meeting the charities at Z Rutherford in Nelson.
- Video - meeting the charities at Z Bowater Motors in Motueka.
- Brendon Leitch third in Toyota Racing Series after Manfield race win
- Are you are charity looking for funding? You need to be Good in the Hood in 2016
- Bowater Hyundai head onto the sparkling seas of Tasman Bay to gain an experience of what changes lives.
- Start your year with an adventure that changes lives. Join us on the Spirit of New Zealand in our very own Tasman Bay.
- A Bearing In The Pantanal. The Team Seagate story at the 2015 Adventure Racing World Championships
- Team Seagate is in Brazil defending their 3rd World Championships
- A ride along opportunity with St John's and thoughts on why we need to support such organisations.
- Buy a new car from Bowater Hyundai or Bowater Isuzu and you could help the Victory Boxing Gym as well.